Rugby's blue plaques - Fire mark

Record details

Plaque
Fire mark
Number
9
Description

Depicting the office of “The Royal Exchange Assurance,” founded 1720. After the great fire of London in 1666, it became evident that some form of compensation was required, so fire insurance companies were formed and the insured building was marked with their emblem. This practice continued for 250 years

Location
5 High Street