Rugby's blue plaques - First site of girl's high school
- First site of girl's high school
A Rugby native, Olive Hands advertised her fee paying school as a “thoroughly efficient high school for girls” and named it after Thomas Arnold, headmaster of Rugby School. In 1919 control passed to Warwickshire County Council and fees were abolished. The school relocated to Clifton Road in 1927 and was renamed ‘Rugby High School’. A third relocation to Longrood Road in late 1950s occurred, but the name remained unchanged.
- 10 Elsee Road