Rugby's blue plaques - Richard Elborowe

Record details

Plaque
Richard Elborowe
Number
13
Description

In 1645 Richard Sr. from Yelvertoft, a leading member in the town, bought this site and had a house built. Richard Jr. was born here - and after making his fortune in London re turned to Rugby in 1688. He later endowed a - school originally for 30 boys and almshous es for 6 widows, both in High Street (now re-located).

Location
Corner of Sheep St and Lawrence Sheriff St